Friday, November 9, 2012

Honey Bee Day!

On November 3, 2012 Kaellyn and I had a honey bee day.  The reason was because later in the evening I was dressing up as a Queen Bee and Briss was dressing up as a WASP for a Halloween Party.  So I just thought it would be fun to make all day be about bees.


We started the morning out with "bug cereal" as Kaellyn calls Honey Nut Cheerios.  I had honey chamomile tea with lemon and Kaellyn had apple juice with a bit of honey in it.  It was fun and festive for the morning.




Then we needed to take a bath so I added milk and honey to the bath and then had a raw honey facial mask.  Kaellyn even put some honey on her face.  It made my face so smooth!  After the bath we used Burts Bee's lotion. While we were in the bath we listened to this playlist:

Blake Shelton- Honey Bee
Van Morrison- Tupelo Honey
Voice of the Beehive's-Let it Bee and Honey Lingers




After the bath we had lunch of almond butter with bananas and drizzled with honey. 



Honey tea and bee leg warmers

Kaellyn took a nap while I got ready for the party and made dinner.  Briss got home around 6 pm and we ate honey chicken for dinner.  Then we headed out to the party.

Honey chicken

WASP, Queen Bee and Lady bug

Only about half the people there understood that Briss was a White Anglo Saxon Protestant but those that understood laughed and thought it was creative.  We all had a great time. 


The moms group

Kaellyn and the other kids

Briss playing Beer Pong

My Queen bee and my crown
My really long fake eyelashes

Briss trying to kick the sign


So it was a great fun and festive day.  Although I will say Kaellyn was very hyper at the party and it might have to do with all the sugar from the honey she had had all day long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment