Friday, November 9, 2012

Election Day


Election Day 2012 was on 6th of November.  I thought I'd make an event out of it at my house by making an All American breakfast with bacon, eggs and toast.  Then we got dressed and headed to the voting station.  I hadn't registered for the new house yet so I had to go to Saegertown.  Saegertown was so nice and cozy.  They had donuts and coffee and no lines.  Kaellyn got to go to the voting booth with me and when the big red VOTE button was flashing I allowed her to push it.  Afterwards, they gave her a penny and a quarter to know, "the best presidents".  It was such a nice place and I don't want to ever go to a miserable 4 hour line wait for the next election. 



Having a cup of American tea

All American breakfast

Her skirt has stars on it

Our red, white and blue outfits



My silly red heart shaped glasses

After we had voted we came home and Kaellyns friend Cooper came over while they played "Pin the tail on the Democrat and Republican".  Coopers mom Megan helped me bake apple pie and cherry pie.

With our "I voted" stickers









Reading a book about Abraham Lincoln

Hot dogs and milk

Blue star ice cubes in the Shirly Temple

That night for dinner we had hot dogs and pie and watched "Mr Smith Goes to Washington" which is a great American film and has this wonderful quote:

"Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books. Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: 'I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't. I can. And my children will."

All around it was a good Election Day even if I wasn't too pleased with the results.  



No comments:

Post a Comment