Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Royal Wedding *after ceremony fashion*

After the ceremony William and Catherine attended a dinner for about 300 guests.  Mostly family and friends.  The ballroom was convered into a night club and the guests stayed until 2-3 in the morning.  For the party Kate changed into her 2nd dress of the day, again she wore a gown by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen.  Her party outfit was a simple strapless white gown with a jewel-encrusted belt. Kate kept warm with an angora sweater.  Although, I love the dress I don't like the sweater.  It's too fuzzy.  I think something with beadwork would've looked better.




William wore a tuxedo and looked very sharp.




The party was exactly what you think a party Prince Harry would throw would be like.  There is no word on what the new Duke and Duchess 1st dance was to but it was confirmed that they danced very energetically to Grease, "You're the One that I Want". Michael Middleton gave a speech in which he thanked the royal family for welcoming his family and then had the room roaring with laughter with the story of William landing the helocopter in the back garden of his house.  "I knew things were getting serious when I found a helicopter in my garden.  I thought, gosh he must like my daughter."




Carole Middleton's 2nd dress
But of course, it was Pippa who stole the show again.  Every lad in Britain must be after her now.

Princess Beatrice's dress looks gorgeous from the front.  Unfortunately we didn't get to see the shoes she wore inside because she came out wearing flat sneakers.

Wouldn't you wear black ballet flats instead?

Prince Harry clutching his microphone for his best man speech
The following day Kate wore blue as her 1st outfit out.  I thought it looked gorgeous.  But I also think Pippa looked amazing in blue the following day. 

William and Catherine embark on their honeymoon weekend

Pippa and Carole leaving the hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment