Sunday, January 23, 2011

Tea Party

For my birthday I had a few friends over for an English Tea Party.  I invited Megan, Rachel and my friend Heather and her twin 1 year old daughters.  It was such a great time.  Heathers husband is gone for 6 weeks training so I knew she could use the help with the twins.  They are so adorable but such a handful.  We all had our work out by chasing after them.  Megan was also such a help coming over an hour early so that I could finish getting ready while she watched Kaellyn. 

Ready for the tea

All ready for everyone

I love the English Rose tea plates
I had 3 different servings of food and each serving had 2 teas to try with it.  We started out with black tea and 2 different salads.  Earl Grey and Prince of Wales for the tea. And a green salad with basil vinaigrette and a cucumber, tomato, onion salad.  The Prince of Wales was a hit with everyone which is great because it's my favourite.  The second course we had was all of the sandwiches with green tea and chai vanilla tea.  There were 3 different kinds of sandwiches: wheat bread with almond butter and bananas, white bread with mint cream cheese and cucumbers, and potato bread with strawberry cream cheese.  I also had made bisquits with marmalade.  All of them were delicious but the almond butter went over the best which I found quite surprising. The green tea had vanilla mixed in with it so it wasn't so bitter but the chai vanilla was the favourite of that group.  The final course was chocolates and cookies and cupcakes made with lavender.  The teas for that course was a white tea and an orange tea.  The cupcakes were the favourite of that group and everyone enjoyed putting a slice of orange in the orange tea.  It was quite an elaborate tea party but it was very informal.  Kaellyn had fallen asleep so she missed out on the fun but it was good because it gave me a chance to run after the twins and have fun with them.  I also had put on "A Disney Princess Tea Party" DVD for the girls.  Albeit, I think Rachel enjoyed it more than the twins for she kept singing all the songs.  But it was good. 

The many different sandwiches

All of us girls

Explaining the different teas and sandwiches
Having the twins watch the video

Trying to keep one of them entertained
Climbing on top of one another

We had an amazing time during the party and it was so great to spend time with everyone.  Heather had to be the 1st to leave to get the girls home for the afternoon nap.  And just as she was leaving Kaellyn woke up from her afternoon nap so we could introduce the 3 babies to one another.
She was so sleepy when she woke up the girls were in such a blurr around her

Making sure Emily didn't poke Kaellyns eye out. 


Now they all started to play together

And even watch the movie again

The 2nd time the movie was on the girls watched it

Heather finally got a chance to hold the littlest baby

But then the girls got jealous and climbed into her lap.



All playing

Heather finally got a chance to rest her feet and hold Kaellyn

Saying goodbye

Once the twins had left Kaellyn was much more in her element.  She went straight over to the couch and climbed on it and licked it.  She was claiming her territory again.  Then she climbed over to the TV and climbed up there.  And finally we got some smiles out of her.  It just was too many people in her house and she was concerned about it.

Finally I got her all to myself

Climbing on her things

Lots of smiles once the twins were gone

Teasing the camera


All of her things to play with again



Climbing on Rachel

Megan Love





I tried to match her

So all in all it was a great fun time with everyone.  I would love to have more tea parties!!

1 comment:

  1. I have never truly had tea before that day, Nicolle.... and it was AMAZING! I'm so glad that you put all the entrees on here so I can look them all up again. But you forgot to mention what an incredibly thoughtful hostess you were and sent everyone home with tea goodies!

    I just am SO sorry again that I suck and was late, but I had the best time with you ladies. Heather is so sweet and her twins are just precious, but I'm too out of shape to chase them lol. I just hope I didn't drive you crazy singing along with the dvd... you know I love those princesses! ;)

    ReplyDelete