Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Day in New York

Unfortunately, I woke up at 5 am with a stomach ache followed by throwing up for about an hour.  I started to feel a little better around 6am and tried to fall back asleep but couldn't.  I then heard the boys upstairs so I went to see if Santa came for them.  He did.  So I watched them open presents for a little bit and then went back to the bathroom where I remained sick for several hours.  It was horrible.  Briss woke up around 9:30 and I had him watch Kaellyn for me while I napped.  I re-woke up around 11:30 but still felt horrible.  Grandma Donna and Uncles Eric and Joe came over to give more presents.  So I watched everyone open presents and when that was over I went into the living room to lie down.  Everyone else was in the dining room playing with toys so I was able to lay on the couch and relax. It would have been nice if I had stopped throwing up.  But it seemed to come about once every hour which was just miserable because I had nothing left in my stomach except water.  And even that wouldn't stay down long.  Ewww.  So after watching A Christmas Story I took a 2 hour nap with Kaellyn.  I woke up feeling much better and was able to shower and put some sort of cute outfit on.  But forget about make up and hair, I was just too weak for that. 

But I was dressed so Briss and I were able to exchange our gifts to one another.  I got him an Xbox game and he got me 8 old DVDS.  4 movies with Katherine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy and 4 movies with James Cagney in them.  I can't wait to watch them.  Just like I'm sure Briss can't wait to play Red Dead Redemption on his Xbox.  I was also able to watch Kaellyn open her presents which included some food for her to chew on.  She is certainly interested in solid food and I can't wait to get home and start her on some bananas and sweet potatoes.  So it was about 5:30 pm and I was starting to feel a little better so I ate some broth.  That was not a good idea because it just came back up about 30 minutes later and I was really weak.  Picking 17 pound Kaellyn up was so draining.  It was awful to feel like this on Christmas. 

So I remained on the couch watching Titanic for 3 hours.  Everyone (including Grandma Donna) was downstairs playing on the Wii fit and having a fun time.  I was sad.  But it was what it was.  I then fell asleep on the couch and stayed there all night.  Briss took Kaellyn and kept her downstairs and got up with her in the middle of the night so I could get a solid 6 hours of sleep.  It was wonderful.  I then woke up at 6am and went downstairs to nurse Kaellyn and get up with her when she woke up on Sunday. 

So that was my Christmas.  It wasn't very enjoyable and I am looking forward to next years Christmas much more.  Although Briss did have a good Christmas he said Kaellyn was up 4 times in the night and wouldn't go back to sleep easily for him so his night was somewhat rough.  I know he enjoyed playing all the Wii with the whole family.  So here are some pictures I snapped of that day.
Everybody in the morning opening gifts with the family

Kaellyn devouring her present

She loves ripping paper

It's clothes!!!

Uncle Mike got a hat with a flashlight on it

The boys got Nintendo DS's from Santa

After my nap and shower I was able to put her Christmas dress on

My little present



Playing with Grandma Donna


My Christmas outfit.  I loved my santa socks.


Everyone playing on the Wii fit board

Uncle Joe and Kaellyn

I wish there were more pictures but I wasn't really up and motivated to get pictures and Briss doesn't ever take any on his own.  Sorry!

1 comment: