Friday, March 18, 2011

The 1st two weeks of March (which have been crazy!)

Last California In-n-Out food
California poppy

Saying goodbye to Bam and Sarah


Kaellyn wearing a tank top in the sunshine



A goodbye present from Sarah

Kaellyn helping daddy pack up electronics

Packing, packing, packing
Surrounded by boxes and my Marine Corps cup.  It's the life I chose.

Helping me pack now
So we got all packed up and left California on the 7th of March.  Kaellyn did excellent on the flights.  She smiled and slept and never had a break down.  It was perfect for I was a little nervous because I was flying alone.

Window seat

Enjoying the view from 30,000 feet

Tired mommy and tired baby

My very good flying girl
Briss drove across the country and arrived in Meadville, Pennsylvania on 11th of March. He said the drive across county was hard but fun.  He saw the Grand Canyon and other interesting landmarks.  He stayed in our new town for a few days searching for apartments or houses but didn't find anything and sorely missed us.  So he drove to Buffalo, New York on Sunday to recharge his batteries and see us.  It was much needed.

Briss at the Grand Canyon
Kaellyn standing on everything

Cousins!!

Crazy climbing girl

Uncle Briss is fun to play on!




Very silly daddy




O it's so much fun when daddy's around
 After a few days of being a family again and visiting with Briss' parents and nephews we drove to visit Meadville.  It's a 2 hour drive between Buffalo and Meadville with not a whole lot in between.  The town itself is not very attractive.  The best I can say is that it looks like Idllywild without the charm.  Every other store is empty and desolate and it's very rundown.  There are rednecks everywhere and it's not the best part of the state.  But it's what we'll call home for the next 3 years.  Unfortunately, I left my camera at Mike and Jills so I couldn't take many pictures.  We went to 2 different apartment complexs and really liked one.  It's a 3 bedroom townhome which means we have the upstairs and the downstairs.  And it's only $550 dollars!!  That price blows my mind!!!  I'm just not used to that cheap of rent.  So we filled out an application and if we can't rent a house we'll take that apartment.  We then went to the library to check it out.  It's actually pretty nice.  It's 3 stories and roughly the size of the San Marcos library.  They don't have nearly enough DVDs but there are plenty of books to check out and even a story time for Kaellyn a few times a week.  It will be a way for me to meet other moms and other people in town.  So that will be good.  I will post much more later when we go back to the town and I remember my camera. 

The state welcomes us!!

Briss' room key

The library

No comments:

Post a Comment