Monday, July 29, 2013

Impromtu trip to Virginia Part 1

On a Friday around 1 pm my friend Brittany texted me saying she was going to go on a road trip.  Then she said if I wanted to meet her she could go to Virginia.  I had nothing else going on that weekend and Briss was working so I said, "yes, I can meet you".  I headed out the following day at 10 am.  The girls did great in the car.  I took 3 stops and we arrived in Woodbridge Virginia around 6 pm.  It was about 6.5 hours of driving time plus the breaks in between.  We checked into our hotel and then went swimming.  We had me and my 2 kids, Brittany and her 8 month old Effie and Tressa and her 2 kids Avelyn (3) and Owen (15 months).  The hotel room was packed.  But so much fun.  Me and Brittany shared a bed, Tressa had a bed with her two kids and Kaellyn slept on the floor in between the beds.  Brielle was in a crib at the end of the bed and Effie slept in the bathtub in the bathroom.  It was packed but we made it work. 

All packed and ready to go

McDonalds playtime break

Starbucks break

Another McDonalds break

A Canadian license plate that says USMC53 with a United States Marine Corps sticker.

The gorgeous view

Me and Brittany with our babies


Tressa, Brittany and I all on an impromtu road trip.

Saturday morning (June 29th) we got up early and had the hotel breakfast then headed out for shopping.  We went to Ikea and then the Woodbridge outlets.  We shopped all day and the kids were exhausted.  We went to dinner around 6 pm at the Cheesecake Factory.  It was delicious.  Then we got back to the hotel very tired and got everyone to sleep.
















No comments:

Post a Comment