Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Titanic

I first saw Titanic in 1997 when I was in 6th grade.  Perfect age to become obsessed with Leonardo DiCaprio.  And since then I've had a soft spot for him.  I genuinely think he's an amazing actor and feel he has been snubbed by the Academy for not having him win in The Departed and not even nominating him for J. Edgar.  But I am extremely excited to see him play Jay Gatsby in the upcoming Great Gatsby movie.  Great Gatsby was one of my favourite books we had to read in high school and I can't wait to see it this Christmas.   With that said I was ecstatic when I found out Titanic was returning to theaters in 3D.  Now, I'm not a fan of 3D movies but I enjoy movies on the big screen so I'll see them.  I had dragged Briss to The Phantom Menace in February and Casablanca in March so I didn't think he really wanted to see Titanic the epic of all love stories with me so this time I went by myself.  I dropped Kaellyn off at the babysitter and saw a mid day showing of the great ship.  Naturally, I fully dressed up for it.  Complete with a white fur coat which was perfect because that day was snowing outside.  Also, I saw the 1953 film Titanic starring Barbara Stanwyck and Clifton Webb.  It was a very good film from 1953.  It was about an estranged couple on the ship and their bittersweet reunion just before the ship wrecks.  A few facts were off because they hadn't discovered the wreck yet but overall worth watching for anyone interested in Titanic stuff.

With the Heart of the Ocean ring



Big white fur coat


Heart of the Ocean nail



The movie theater had posters!

A book that I checked out from the library that has been out of print for several years about the Titanic

No comments:

Post a Comment